Posts belonging to Category Bondi

How people park in Bondi

Finding a parking spot in Bondi on a Sunday can be quite challenging but I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw how this car was parked in a Bondi street today… I was across the road, about to drive off, when the driver got into her car, accompanied by a passenger. I called out […]

The big blue thing in the middle of Hall Street

In April last year I wrote a post about some of the developments that were going on in Bondi, and the end of a few iconic Bondi buildings. The development of the Hakoah Club site in Hall Street, has been one of the big changes on the Bondi landscape. Here are a couple of photos […]

The hole in the ground at North Bondi

Now you see it, Now you don’t. In May this year the North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club (SLSC) voted to replace the existing Clubhouse with a new building. The word got around and signage went up… Then a few weeks ago, the iconic building, that has stood on the promenade for 77 years (where […]

As if the traffic isn’t bad enough…

Most Sydney-siders will tell you how bad Sydney traffic can get. Some days it is really the pits. Bondi has become very congested with traffic in recent times. So I am a little perplexed as to why there seems to be endless “intrusive” roadworks going on in the Bondi area. It has been going on […]

The Summer Went to Autumn

Well we found out where the summer went. She decided to just have a little rest and now she’s come out to play – in Autumn! I don’t recall such warm Sydney Easter weather. The last week has been glorious warm days – up to 29 degrees. So warm in fact, that it was incredibly […]

Happy New Year

When it comes to massive crowds on Bondi Beach….New Year’s Day is always a biggie, and yesterday was no exception! December 2011 was such an abysmal month of “summer” weather, so the blue skies and hot weather attracted a fair few people to the sand yesterday. I also decided to head down with the family […]

How Far Away From The Beach Can You Walk Around In A Bikini?

Well summer is slowly settling in (very slowly this year) and the body parading in Bondi will soon be at its peak. OK, so in a beach suburb it is normal to wear and to be around people wearing very light and minimal clothing such as shorts with bikini tops (for women) and just shorts […]

Monks in Bondi

I heard that the Gyuto Monks of Tibet were visiting Bondi again this year, for a week or so in spring. I really wanted to attend one of their meditations and see the sand mandala they were making . Given my work schedule of late, finding the time was not easy, but earlier this month […]

A Morning Walk

Today I couldn’t resist going for a walk to the beach on such a beautiful morning. When I got down to the promenade, the water was completely flat and still. There was a lovely sense of peace at the beach. When I got to the North Bondi end, I spotted a few chookies doing a […]

The Bondi Aquarium & Wonderland City

Yesterday I did the Bondi to Tamarama cliff walk. Sometimes when I do this walk, I think about the history of this area and what has been lost and what has been recorded or retained. It was 120 years ago today that the original Bondi Aquarium was destroyed by a fire. The Bondi Aquarium was […]