Posts belonging to Category Bondi

The Beach House

On one of my recent Bondi walks, I decided to check out the new development between Gould St and Campbell Parade where the old bottle shop used to be. There is this kind of arcade now between Gould and Campbell, which also houses the entrance to the key aspect of this development, an apartment complex […]

Pre-Winter Blues

Inspiration to blog hasn’t been forthcoming of late. Winter chills and rainy days don’t generally inspire me much. Over the last few months I snapped some pics of the development of the old police station in Wairoa Avenue. Here’s one of the images showing the development of the site. A block of 1920s-30s art deco […]

Who is Bondi?

In today’s Sydney Morning Herald, Jessica Irvine described Sydney as the Elizabeth Taylor of Australian cities. “Sydney is a Sadder, Meaner, Angrier City” compared to Melbourne, which is for her, Helen Mirren. So it got me wondering…If Bondi was a well-known person, Who would Bondi be? All suggestions welcome (especially if accompanied with persuasive evidence).

The Pull and Push of Bondi

Today I went to Bondi Beach for a swim and some rays with my little man. It was the first international surfing competition to take place on Bondi Beach in over 20 years and a very gorgeus warm March Sunday, so it was, expectedly a busy day at Bondi. The water was superb, and I […]

Sunday Markets

Every Sunday, Bondi Beach Public School hosts the Bondi Markets. Today, I decided to take a walk to the Markets. It’s been ages since I’ve been there. As I wandered through the Markets, it really struck me today how much the Markets have changed over the years. There are now primarily up-market stalls with designer […]

One/One/One One

Yesterday was the last day of 2010. It was a gorgeous Sydney summer’s day, perfect for swimming and sunning, and a lovely night, topped off by another great Sydney NYE fireworks display over our magnificant harbour. Today, it was another hot, sunny beautiful day in Sydney and many people thought that hanging out on Bondi […]

Back Into the Icebergs

20.6 degrees and a little bit icy to begin with, especially with the cool wind blowing, but I was loving every lap of my first swim of the season in The Icebergs today. Just simply glorious! Felt so damn good in there and even better afterwards. Am inspired to try and get in there as […]

Bondi Less Sunny

you began your Sydney life in Kirribilli not a bad place to begin but then you moved to Bondi to where the action was the love action no doubt to woo the woman that you loved and you did as you courted her in Bondi and she was yours and she is still yours, always […]

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye for good is never easy. During the second week in August we had been saying goodbye to dad for a few days. We said goodbye to dad for the last time on August 12th 2010. That was the last time I could hold his warm hand or kiss his cheek. That was the […]

Tough Times

Unfortunately these past few weeks have been pretty tough. My dad’s health has been seriously declining and it is painful to watch him and mum suffer. Can’t find much enthusiasm for blogging right now, let alone time. The sea, fresh air and familiarity of Bondi is at least providing some comfort at this time.