Who is Bondi?

In today’s Sydney Morning Herald, Jessica Irvine described Sydney as the Elizabeth Taylor of Australian cities. “Sydney is a Sadder, Meaner, Angrier City” compared to Melbourne, which is for her, Helen Mirren.

So it got me wondering…If Bondi was a well-known person, Who would Bondi be? All suggestions welcome (especially if accompanied with persuasive evidence).

7 comments

  1. Dan says:

    Bondi is The Hoff!

  2. bondimermaid says:

    Dan, I presume you mean David Hasselhoff? But can you please elaborate?

  3. Netsky says:

    Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears?

  4. I say Paul Newman !Still good looking but unfortunately gone ?

    • bondimermaid says:

      Sonya, I see where you’re coming from with this one, but I can’t agree that Bondi is completely gone. I think there are still elements of “real” Bondi existing – they’re just a bit overshadowed and appear to be gone.

      • I agree! But being away for so long (16 Years ) I have really noticed the difference. There are still some unique parts of Bondi left. The biggest thing that hit me was that Bates Cafe has gone and the Bondi Pavillion has changed a lot -very tourist orientated now (which can be a good thing). But its not how many of us remember Bondi xx

Leave a Reply to bondimermaid