Who is Bondi?

In today’s Sydney Morning Herald, Jessica Irvine described Sydney as the Elizabeth Taylor of Australian cities. “Sydney is a Sadder, Meaner, Angrier City” compared to Melbourne, which is for her, Helen Mirren. So it got me wondering…If Bondi was a well-known person, Who would Bondi be? All suggestions welcome (especially if accompanied with persuasive evidence).

Sunday Markets

Every Sunday, Bondi Beach Public School hosts the Bondi Markets. Today, I decided to take a walk to the Markets. It’s been ages since I’ve been there. As I wandered through the Markets, it really struck me today how much the Markets have changed over the years. There are now primarily up-market stalls with designer […]

One/One/One One

Yesterday was the last day of 2010. It was a gorgeous Sydney summer’s day, perfect for swimming and sunning, and a lovely night, topped off by another great Sydney NYE fireworks display over our magnificant harbour. Today, it was another hot, sunny beautiful day in Sydney and many people thought that hanging out on Bondi […]

Back Into the Icebergs

20.6 degrees and a little bit icy to begin with, especially with the cool wind blowing, but I was loving every lap of my first swim of the season in The Icebergs today. Just simply glorious! Felt so damn good in there and even better afterwards. Am inspired to try and get in there as […]

Development Shvelopment

So yesterday was a glorious winter’s day and I decided to take a walk down to the beach area of Bondi. There were lots of people around – as there often is on Sunday morning – with Bondi markets etc. and Bondi was buzzing. But as I walked I really felt overwhelmed with all the […]

Virgin Blog

Today was a stunningly beautiful warm autumn day in Sydney, 26 degrees and it’s almost mid-May. Of course Bondi just shone. Great day to be starting this blog. You could say I’m a Bondi girl…I was born in Bondi, grew up in Bondi and I still live in Bondi. There have been a couple of […]